Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Making Dismissal Easier with Backpack Tags!

Dismissal, for kindergartners, especially for the first few weeks of school, can be stressful and scary! It can also be that way for us teachers. 

Little friends standing and sitting about the room, while we calmly (yet a bit frantically on the inside), move children around and help them find their way to their buses or car pools without any tears or worries that they won't find their mommy and daddy. 


Trying to avoid this scenario has been one of my most prevalent thoughts this summer. I created these student dismissal tags so that they know how they are getting home, I know how they are getting home, and anyone who finds them wandering the halls during dismissal knows how they are getting home. 


Student Dismissal Tags


I included six different cards, for the most popular ways that I thought students left school. These are car riders, after care, bike riders, day care, bus riders, and walkers. 



 I also included dismissal lists for you to post in your classroom so you have a quick reference, if needed. Simply write the students' names under their means of dismissal.



The final component is a form for parents/guardians to complete. I plan on having them fill it out during open house, so I can prepare tags for all the students before school begins and then attach them to their backpacks on the first day.


This form also helps if students have different ways of getting home on different days of the week. You could attach multiple tags to their backpacks and write the days they will be using each method of transportation on the back. 

These are for sale in my tpt store! If you like them you can check them out HERE!

-Mrs. O

No comments:

Post a Comment